Makes: 2 ½ cups
- 1 English cucumber, unpeeled
- ¼ yellow onion
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 drops green food coloring
- Kosher salt, to taste
- In a food processor or on a box grater, grate the cucumber and onion.
- Transfer the cucumber and onion to a strainer and drain well by pressing the mixture with the back of a large spoon.
- Remove as much of the liquid as you can, since too much liquid will make the spread watery.
- Transfer the cucumber and onion to the bowl of a food processor. (If you don’t have one, use a small bowl and a fork.)
- Add the cream cheese.
- Process the mixture until it’s smooth.
- Add the sour cream, dill, and pepper and process until combined.
- Add the food coloring and mix until well incorporated.
- Taste and add salt as needed.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Recipes are from the The Bourbon Country Cookbook and That’s Entertaining by Tim Laird, America’s CEO – Chief Entertaining Officer, both available on Amazon and in local bookstores.
Instagram, Twitter, Facebook: @timlairdcheers
Reprinted with permission from The Bourbon Country Cookbook by David Danielson and Tim Laird, Agate Surrey, 2018.