- 12 slices white bread
- 5 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced to fit bread
- 2 bunches Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Cut 1 – ½-inch rounds out of bread using a cookie cutter or top of jar.
- You should be able to get approximately 3 rounds per slice of bread.
- Spread mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread round.
- Place onion slice on bread round.
- Top with tomato slice.
- Top with second piece of bread.
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise around the outside edge of the sandwich.
- Place chopped parsley on a flat plate.
- Roll mayonnaise edge of the sandwich in chopped parsley.
Recipes are from the The Bourbon Country Cookbook and That’s Entertaining by Tim Laird, America’s CEO – Chief Entertaining Officer, both available on Amazon and in local bookstores.
Instagram, Twitter, Facebook: @timlairdcheers
Reprinted with permission from That’s Entertaining! with Tim Laird, America’s CEO – Chief Entertaining Officer, Butler Books, 2010.